Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

От Christophe Chauvet
Тема Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi Dave

The only solution i see to beat this problem is to add a delay before connect to the PostgreSQL
Database with a new option (for exemple -d).

options
- -d <delay> Add delay (in second) before connect to the database.

pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -d 10 -u postgres  ....

What do you think about this ?

Regards

Christophe Chauvet.

Christophe Chauvet a écrit :
> I have tested your solution, it work (in theory) :), but i have this message in the event viewer,
>
> "Couldn't create connection: FATAL:  the database system is starting up"
>
> How can we resolved this statement ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Christophe Chauvet
>
> Dave Page a écrit :
>
>> This is untested, but in theory...
>
>> In regedit, assuming your pgAgent service ID is pgagent, add a
>> REG_MULTI_SZ value called DependOnService under:
>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pgagent
>
>> Edit the value, and add the service ID of your local PostgreSQL
>> installation, eg. pgsql-8.2
>
>> Restart...
>
>> Regards Dave

- ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------