Обсуждение: Bug: PGAdmin + plpythonu + windows

Bug: PGAdmin + plpythonu + windows

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:
PGAdmin 1.2.0 Beta 2
Multi-line functions in plpythonu do not work when created using
pgadmin. The function is created but when it is run for the first time
an error of "cannot compile. syntax error on line 2" is given. The
functions have been tested and work when created with psql.

The problem appears to be do to the windows CRLF as opposed to the
*NIX LF.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager
CompuLab
04-829-0145 - Office
04-832-5251 - Fax

Re: Bug: PGAdmin + plpythonu + windows

От
Andreas Pflug
Sim Zacks wrote:
> PGAdmin 1.2.0 Beta 2
> Multi-line functions in plpythonu do not work when created using
> pgadmin. The function is created but when it is run for the first time
> an error of "cannot compile. syntax error on line 2" is given. The
> functions have been tested and work when created with psql.
>
> The problem appears to be do to the windows CRLF as opposed to the
> *NIX LF.

Which PostgreSQL version and platform (both client and server)?From your description, I'd call this a plpythonu bug; I
don'thave it

running to verify this, thus I cross posted to pgsql-bugs.

IMHO any pgsql language should handle cr, crlf and lf equally as line
feed, to avoid client/server eol interpretation discrepancies.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Bug: PGAdmin + plpythonu + windows

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:
PostGreSQL 8.0 beta1
PGAdmin 1.2.0 Beta 2

I can call it a plpython bug, if that is the problem. I just figured
to send it to you because that's where I experienced the issue.
Also I don't "know" that is the problem, just an assumption based on
behavior.

Thank You
Sim Zacks
IT Manager