Обсуждение: Bug with latest and all prior cvs snapshots

Bug with latest and all prior cvs snapshots

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
I just downloaded the latest win32 snapshot and there still remains a huge
annoyance/bug that has been in every version of PGadmin III I have used.

The problem is when you double click a function the window does not open
centered in the screen or maximized, it always pops up in the lower right
hand corner.

All windows should be at least centered on the screen or centered on the
parent window that spawned them.  Or make it a persistant option where we can
specify default window behavior.

It is a pain everytime I edit a function or table that I have to drag  the
window around.

Thanks for a great product and keep up the good work.

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

Re: Bug with latest and all prior cvs snapshots

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Tony Caduto wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest win32 snapshot and there still remains a huge
> annoyance/bug that has been in every version of PGadmin III I have used.
>
> The problem is when you double click a function the window does not open
> centered in the screen or maximized, it always pops up in the lower right
> hand corner.

You seem to maximize that window. This will lead to false values stored
as last size/position in the registry, because GetSize do not return the
correct values.

Do not maximize that window, instead size it manually.

Regards,
Andreas

Tony wrote:
> Hi Andreas ,
> I do have to size it manually every time I open a function.
> The form actually pops up with the upper right hand corner of the form
> off the screen, so I have to  drag it to the center then maximize it on
> manually resize it.
> My point is the behavior of the function form should be to maximize on
> opening automaticly.

You will *never* see a software I'm responsible for that will maximize
automatically, because this blocks the desktop.
Additionally, windows does strange things with window sizes with that;
it corrupts position/size saving and restoring.

Resize the function window to the size you like *without* maximizing and
you will never have to do it again.

> I myself don't program in wxwindows, so I don't know if wxwindows forms
> have a position property, but if it does consider setting it to screen
> center or make the form state maximized upon opening.

As I stated, pgAdmin3 *does* save and restore positions. win32 simply
reports wrong window sizes/positions if maximized/minimized.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Bug with latest and all prior cvs snapshots

От
Andreas Pflug
Tony wrote:

Do not post private mail, use the mailing list.

> I would have to disagree with you on this, since the main form
> maximizes, and I am not sure what you mean by it blocks the desktop.
> When you are editing a function you want it maximized so you can see all
> the code.
>
> I would check the code for the function editor because it does not work
> properly in the cvs, every time I open it it pops up in the lower right
> hand corner with much of the right side off the screen.

As I said, it's not easy to fix. Use the advice I gave you to workaround.

Regards,
Andreas