Обсуждение: location of query favourites.xml

location of query favourites.xml

От
"Nick Kitson"
Дата:
Dear PgAdmin,

I'm using version 1.10 beta 3 and loving it!  A niggle though - I would like to be able to set the location of pgadmin_favourites.xml and pgadmin_macros.xml in preferences.  I create favourites and I would like them to be saved to a shared folder where others will find them.

Many thanks,

Nick

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 10/06/2009 18:08, Nick Kitson a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm using version 1.10 beta 3 and loving it!  A niggle though - I would like
> to be able to set the location of pgadmin_favourites.xml and
> pgadmin_macros.xml in preferences.  I create favourites and I would like
> them to be saved to a shared folder where others will find them.

While fixing a bug on the favourites saving code, I found your mail.
Sorry for the delay for you to get an answer :)

That could be an interesting feature, and a quite simple one to add. But
I wonder if you can't already do this with a symbolic link. Did you try
this?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 23/01/2010 17:37, Nick Kitson a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> Good point - I recently moved from XP to Win7 so can use mklink /H which
> works just fine.  Many thanks for the tip. Would be worth building the
> choice in when you get the time.

Yes, I think it could be interesting to have this. I'll add a ticket for
this.

> " While fixing a bug..."  does that mean there is another beta release
> coming up? ;-)

It means we still fix bugs, so there is still the possibility of a
1.10.2 release. If we don't, the bug is also fixed for 1.12.0.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
"Nick Kitson"
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

Good point - I recently moved from XP to Win7 so can use mklink /H which
works just fine.  Many thanks for the tip. Would be worth building the
choice in when you get the time.

" While fixing a bug..."  does that mean there is another beta release
coming up? ;-)

Nick

Le 10/06/2009 18:08, Nick Kitson a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm using version 1.10 beta 3 and loving it!  A niggle though - I would
like
> to be able to set the location of pgadmin_favourites.xml and
> pgadmin_macros.xml in preferences.  I create favourites and I would like
> them to be saved to a shared folder where others will find them.

While fixing a bug on the favourites saving code, I found your mail.
Sorry for the delay for you to get an answer :)

That could be an interesting feature, and a quite simple one to add. But
I wonder if you can't already do this with a symbolic link. Did you try
this?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 23/01/2010 18:09, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 23/01/2010 17:37, Nick Kitson a écrit :
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> Good point - I recently moved from XP to Win7 so can use mklink /H which
>> works just fine.  Many thanks for the tip. Would be worth building the
>> choice in when you get the time.
>>

> Yes, I think it could be interesting to have this. I'll add a ticket for
> this.

I've worked on this. Here is a preliminary patch, that allows a user to
change the filename and path for the favourites file and the macros
file. It needs some more work, when the patch for ticket 93 (history for
queries) will be commited. But comments are welcomed :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Вложения

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
"Nick Kitson"
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

I can see diff information in the patch but it has been many years since I
compiled applications.  Is there any way you could get me a pgadmin3.exe (I
use both linux and windows but my need to share my favourites is in the
windows environment) and I would be very happy to comment!

Regards,

Nick

Le 23/01/2010 18:09, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 23/01/2010 17:37, Nick Kitson a écrit :
>> Hi Guillaume,
>>
>> Good point - I recently moved from XP to Win7 so can use mklink /H
>> which works just fine.  Many thanks for the tip. Would be worth
>> building the choice in when you get the time.
>>

> Yes, I think it could be interesting to have this. I'll add a ticket
> for this.

I've worked on this. Here is a preliminary patch, that allows a user to
change the filename and path for the favourites file and the macros file. It
needs some more work, when the patch for ticket 93 (history for
queries) will be commited. But comments are welcomed :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 02/02/2010 12:18, Nick Kitson a écrit :
> [...]
> I can see diff information in the patch but it has been many years since I
> compiled applications.  Is there any way you could get me a pgadmin3.exe (I
> use both linux and windows but my need to share my favourites is in the
> windows environment) and I would be very happy to comment!

Dave, do you think I only need to send the pgAdmin.exe file that VC++
builds? or is it more complex than that?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 02/02/2010 12:18, Nick Kitson a écrit :
>> [...]
>> I can see diff information in the patch but it has been many years since I
>> compiled applications.  Is there any way you could get me a pgadmin3.exe (I
>> use both linux and windows but my need to share my favourites is in the
>> windows environment) and I would be very happy to comment!
>>

> Dave, do you think I only need to send the pgAdmin.exe file that VC++
> builds? or is it more complex than that?

As long as you build against the same runtime version, it should be
fine. Otherwise Nick will need to get the right version from
microsoft.com/downloads

--
Dave Page

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 03/02/2010 10:26, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Le 02/02/2010 12:18, Nick Kitson a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> I can see diff information in the patch but it has been many years since I
>>> compiled applications.  Is there any way you could get me a pgadmin3.exe (I
>>> use both linux and windows but my need to share my favourites is in the
>>> windows environment) and I would be very happy to comment!
>>>

>> Dave, do you think I only need to send the pgAdmin.exe file that VC++
>> builds? or is it more complex than that?
>
> As long as you build against the same runtime version, it should be
> fine. Otherwise Nick will need to get the right version from
> microsoft.com/downloads

Thanks for the info. I've sent him the .exe file. I hope it'll work.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: location of query favourites.xml

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 04/02/2010 23:53, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le 03/02/2010 10:26, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Dave, do you think I only need to send the pgAdmin.exe file that VC++
>>> builds? or is it more complex than that?
>>
>> As long as you build against the same runtime version, it should be
>> fine. Otherwise Nick will need to get the right version from
>> microsoft.com/downloads
>>

> Thanks for the info. I've sent him the .exe file. I hope it'll work.

I had to send him another one (a Release one). This one works.

I'll apply this patch and two other ones (#93 and #102) tomorrow if
no-one objects to before.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org