Обсуждение: Last Patch for pgAdmin Graphical Query Builder as GSOC Student.

Last Patch for pgAdmin Graphical Query Builder as GSOC Student.

От
"Luis Ochoa"
Дата:
Hi, everybody, this is my last patch for pgAdmin project as GSOC Student, for the Graphical Query Builder add-on, but this not means will be the last one, I just continue the development of this add-on and will contribute to the projects in other ways like programming new features for GQB and other things.

For this release of the patch: All major bugs fixed & some interface improvements have been done, I only tested it on Linux Debian and Windows Vista without any problem, but if any problems is raised just publish it here and I'm going to fix it.

I include two urls one with the patch and other with the windows binary version (need dlls instructions inside zip):

Last GSOC Patch as GSOC Student
http://rapidshare.com/files/138321308/gqbPatch.zip.html
Note: while patching .vcproj don't patch because that I add to zip, if don't want to use this, just add two filters to pgadmin: gqb and include/gqb adding related files to each folder.

Windows Binary
http://rapidshare.com/files/138320130/Binary.zip.html

Regards, Luis.

Re: Last Patch for pgAdmin Graphical Query Builder as GSOC Student.

От
Andy Burns
Дата:
On 18/08/2008 21:41, Luis Ochoa wrote:

> Windows Binary
> http://rapidshare.com/files/138320130/Binary.zip.html

I downloaded the .zip and renamed the .exe to pgadmin3-gqb.exe and
placed it in the bin folder of my existing postgreSQL 8.3 tree

When I run the .exe I get an error "the application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect, reinstalling the
application may fix the problem"

I notice the readme.txt gave a list of .dll dependencies, but I'd expect
a rather different message if the error was due to missing .dll file(s)
has anyone else managed to run the binary version?

Re: Last Patch for pgAdmin Graphical Query Builder as GSOC Student.

От
"Luis Ochoa"
Дата:
Thanks for your point  Andy, tomorrow I publish my working version
with all dlls.

I'm can't help you with this problem because I don't know about dll's
messages problem and this it's located in a part of pgAdmin that I
don' t modify.  But I can tell you that what I do was to copy all dlls
from pgadmin installation dir installed by postgreSQL installer to the
folder were I unzipped all files and it works with messages about
missing txts but not really important for testing (on 32 bits win).

Regards, Luis.

On 8/18/08, Andy Burns <fedora@adslpipe.co.uk> wrote:
> On 18/08/2008 21:41, Luis Ochoa wrote:
>
>> Windows Binary
>> http://rapidshare.com/files/138320130/Binary.zip.html
>
> I downloaded the .zip and renamed the .exe to pgadmin3-gqb.exe and
> placed it in the bin folder of my existing postgreSQL 8.3 tree
>
> When I run the .exe I get an error "the application has failed to start
> because the application configuration is incorrect, reinstalling the
> application may fix the problem"
>
> I notice the readme.txt gave a list of .dll dependencies, but I'd expect
> a rather different message if the error was due to missing .dll file(s)
> has anyone else managed to run the binary version?

Re: Last Patch for pgAdmin Graphical Query Builder as GSOC Student.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Luis Ochoa a écrit :
> Hi, everybody, this is my last patch for pgAdmin project as GSOC
> Student, for the Graphical Query Builder add-on, but this not means will
> be the last one, I just continue the development of this add-on and will
> contribute to the projects in other ways like programming new features
> for GQB and other things.

Great :)

> For this release of the patch: All major bugs fixed & some interface
> improvements have been done, I only tested it on Linux Debian and
> Windows Vista without any problem, but if any problems is raised just
> publish it here and I'm going to fix it.

This is an impressive work. I had no issue with the build process. I was
able to create a few queries on different databases without any issues.

One thing that bugs me is the "Set Value" window you get when you click
on a "+" button in the Columns Criteria tab. The text field is really
small, the OK button is on top instead of the bottom, resizing doesn't
work. This dialog is quite weird.

So far, I think that's the only work to do.

Congrats :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: Last Patch for pgAdmin Graphical Query Builder as GSOC Student.

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Luis Ochoa <ziul1979@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your point  Andy, tomorrow I publish my working version
> with all dlls.
>
> I'm can't help you with this problem because I don't know about dll's
> messages problem and this it's located in a part of pgAdmin that I
> don' t modify.  But I can tell you that what I do was to copy all dlls
> from pgadmin installation dir installed by postgreSQL installer to the
> folder were I unzipped all files and it works with messages about
> missing txts but not really important for testing (on 32 bits win).

Hi Luis,

I expect it's the VC++ runtimes, given the error message. The easiest
fix (though perhaps not, given your current location and net access)
would be to make sure you're running the latest service pack for
Visual Studio.

--
Dave Page