Обсуждение: To-Do List

To-Do List

От
Dave Page
Дата:
I've just updated and re-organised the pgAdmin To-Do list. It's checked into
CVS & updated on the website. If there's anything I've missed, please let me
know.

Regards, Dave.

Re: To-Do List

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mercredi 20 Février 2002 10:23, Dave Page a écrit :
> If there's anything I've missed, please let me
> know.

IMHO, PostgreSQL installer under Cygwin is ***essential***. This is the next
thing after table alter column. By the way, when do you think you will be
ablt to fix view definition, just for info?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: To-Do List

От
Dave Page

It is essential to PostgreSQL, but not necessarily to pgAdmin. Certainly it
will be very useful.

> This is the next
> thing after table alter column. By the way, when do you think
> you will be
> ablt to fix view definition, just for info?

Fixed that (you forgot to reset the tag on txtProperties(0) at the end of
frmView.Initialise.

I'm just working on rename (which is slightly broken now :-( ) at the
moment...

/D

plpgsql_call_handler

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I see plpgsql_call_handler is part of user objects in function list.
Shouldn't it be part of system objects?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: To-Do List

От
Dave Page

There's over 30,000 lines of code in there now. I'm not at all surprised
that you need a while to get familiar with it.

Anyhoo, rename wasn't broken - pgAdmin had started an instance of the old
compiled pgSchema, rather than the version I thought I was running in the
debugger.

It works now anyway (and is checked in). As I said above, you had forgotten
to reset the tags (which we use a 'dirty' flags) at the end of the
Initialise sub. I can see 2 outstanding issues at the moment:

1) Rollback in case of failure is not yet enabled (or tested?)

2) The new OID is not yet retrieved.

I also noticed that following a 'Refresh Below' on the Views icon, the
comment for a view on which the definition has been changed vanishes. We
should probably invalidate the comment cache after the drop/recreate.

Regards, Dave.

Re: To-Do List

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Altering view definition is still broken. Can you help me understand why?
This is not a question of .dll as I recompiled everything a restarted the
computer.

> 1) Rollback in case of failure is not yet enabled (or tested?)
The code is commented. I will uncomment after 2) is fixes.

> 2) The new OID is not yet retrieved.
I really don't know how to do it. Can you do it for me please?

> I also noticed that following a 'Refresh Below' on the Views icon, the
> comment for a view on which the definition has been changed vanishes. We
> should probably invalidate the comment cache after the drop/recreate.
OK, this can be easily done.

/Jean-Michel

Re: To-Do List

От
Dave Page

I just updated from CVS, checked for uncomitted changes (there weren't any)
and recompiled using BuildAll.bat and everything works perfectly - rename
and alter definition.

> This is not a question of .dll as I recompiled everything a
> restarted the
> computer.

Try a CVS Update.

> > 1) Rollback in case of failure is not yet enabled (or tested?)
> The code is commented. I will uncomment after 2) is fixes.

OK.

> > 2) The new OID is not yet retrieved.
> I really don't know how to do it. Can you do it for me please?

Not right now (sorry, today is rent increase letter day when we print 5000
rent increase notices for our tenants - it's a tad hectic right now), but
it's pretty easy. You know how you re-get the view definition after updating
it, to pick up the syntax changes that PostgreSQL makes to it? All you need
to do is modify the query to get the OID from pg_class as well, and update
lOID.

> > I also noticed that following a 'Refresh Below' on the
> Views icon, the
> > comment for a view on which the definition has been changed
> vanishes.
> > We should probably invalidate the comment cache after the
> > drop/recreate.
> OK, this can be easily done.

Ta.

Regards, Dave.