Re: [GENERAL] How to upgrade PostgreSQL minor version?

От Ron Ben
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to upgrade PostgreSQL minor version?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi :)

I do have a test enviroment and I will test eveything there first but I had cases where eveything worked on test but on production I had difficultes. It's rare but can happen.
Problems with upgrading PostgreSQL isn't like upgrading a package which effects few functions.
Since the documntation says just replace the executables I'm lost...
I notced that 9.3.5 and 9.3.9 requires sepcific test. Further more it says secificly not to perform the tests for 9.3.9 with versions piror to 9.3.5 as it might not work : "The lingering effects of a previously-fixed bug in pg_upgrade could also cause such a failure, in installations that had used pg_upgrade versions between 9.3.0 and 9.3.4."  So this means I have to upgrade to 9.3.5 and only then to 9.3.16
How do I perform upgrade in steps to specific versions?

I'm runing 9.3.3 in production server and in test server.
Operating system is Ubuntu server 12

I'm still not sure that I can upgrade directly from 9.3.3 to 9.3.16 - The documntation always tells to "if you are upgrading from version earlier than 9.3.X check 9.3.X-1". It assums that everyone upgrading once the version was released which is not always the case. And as mentioned earlier 9.3.5 and 9.3.9 can create problems as they require specific checks.

I'd appriciate any insight.

ב אפר׳ 26, 2017 13:26, Sameer Kumar כתב: