JDBC problems

От Tom Harden
Тема JDBC problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

Being a PostgreSQL newbie, I hope my ignorance can be overlooked, this time
anyway.

I have PostreSQL 7.2 loaded and running on SuSE 8.0 linux distribution. The
database seems to be behaving as expected using psql as a frontend. I'm
trying to develop some JDBC apps on a Win2000 machine using NetBeans 3.1 as
the java IDE. This is how I have configured PostgreSQL.
1. I have set "tcpip_socket=true", "port=5432" in the
/var/opt/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf.
2. I have added the following line to the pg_hba.conf file:
        host    all    192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0 trust
    postgresql has been restarted since these changes were made.
3. A user has been created for myself, w/o a password. I can run psql and
attach to the target database on the server host.
4. I have retreived the pgjdbc2.jar file and installed in the NetBeans
Filesystem and appears to be seen as part of the CLASS_PATH. App compiles
without errors and executes Class.forName() with no error.
5. My simple application successfully performs the
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver") method.
6. When it gets to the following line
    Connection connection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://maizy:5432/mytestdb?user=thar
den");
    an SQLException is thrown the ultimately yields "No suitable driver" as
its message.

I have tried several variations of the connection string and always recieve
the same exception.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Tom Harden