Re: red hat/mysql fiasco

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: red hat/mysql fiasco
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alessio Bragadini <alessio@albourne.com> writes:

> P.S. RedHat chose to ship a beta version of MySql with RH7, so I believe
> that's more their fault than MySql people - but indeed there must be
> also a serious flaw in source code.

We shipped the one we could ship - the latter ones are the only one
with a free license.

MySQL is not the database we recommend FTTB (that is PostgreSQL, and
Oracle for higher end needs) and it is not a choice from the main
menu. If you choose packages individually, you can MySQL but the "SQL
Server" installation alternative gives you PostgreSQL.
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.