Re: Pl/Tcl problem

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: Pl/Tcl problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> > Oooooh.  Harsh.  I use tcl exclusively.  I have not had any problem and am keeping up with the latest versions of
PostgreSQL.

> > <comedy_not_invitation_to_flame>
> >
> > Maybe hardly anyone who uses tcl runs RedHat?  ;^)
> >
> > <\comedy_not_invitation_to_flame>
>
> If not Tcl/Tk, I was wondering what other scripting language people use
> to write X apps?  Python?  Perl/Tk?  Hard to argue these are
> particularly better than Tcl/Tk, especially for small apps.

X? Python + glade is used a lot, Perl-GTK is also popular. Or you
write it in C or C++ (kde). Perhaps even java. I haven't seen much
use of tcl/tk for this in years.

(FWIW, we had a few tcl/tk in Red Hat Linux a couple of years
ago. All the ones we made are gone, and the ones in most apps as well)
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.