Re: Pl/Tcl problem

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Pl/Tcl problem
Дата
Re: Pl/Tcl problem  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 17 December 2001 12:24 pm, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> (FWIW, we had a few tcl/tk in Red Hat Linux a couple of years
> ago. All the ones we made are gone, and the ones in most apps as well)

The tcl/tk configuration apps.... Ugh.

Well, in any case, there is a problem with the pl/tcl build.  The
/usr/lib/tclConfig.sh on RH 7.2 defines:
# Base command to use for combining object files into a shared library:
TCL_SHLIB_LD='gcc -pipe -shared -Wl,-soname,libtcl.so.0'

So this is where it comes from.  Now, why does it work with a non-RPM
installation?

A patch is in order --but to what?  Hmmm.....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio