Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.

От teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Тема Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Trond Eivind Glomsrød writes:
> > > We have a libtool tuned to work with lots of platforms, like ia64,
> > > s390 etc... this makes sure it's used.
>
> > We don't use libtool.  Nor does libtool care about the processor.
>
> In particular, this was and is a RedHat-made change. It does not break
> anything that I am aware of, and allows the distributions to do their
> thing as well.

Note that this wasn't included in Red Hat Linux 7... it's been done
since then, and I don't remember doing it myself (which of course
doesn't mean I didn't do it :) - it might have been done for the S/390
port, by the people working on that.
> So, Trond, what sort of tunings have been performed that make the files
> in question need to be copied?  I'm sure you have a good reason; I am
> just curious as to what it is.

For most apps, it's just a question of configure working vs. configure
failing on IA64 (there is no "tuning" as such, my choice of words
wasn't too good). There may be something similar for S/390.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.

Сообщение: Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.
Сообщение: Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.