Re: Configuring PostgreSQL to minimize impact of

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Configuring PostgreSQL to minimize impact of
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

JAR> The LSI MegaRAID reading/writing/caching behavior is user configurable.
JAR> It will support both write-back and write-through, and IIRC, three
JAR> different algorithms for reading (none, read-ahead, adaptive).  Plenty
JAR> of configuration options.

For PG max performance, you want to set it for write-back and
read-ahead (adaptive has been claimed to be bad, but I got similar
performace from read-ahead and adaptive, so YMMV).

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/

Сообщение: Re: Configuring PostgreSQL to minimize impact of checkpoints
Сообщение: Re: Configuring PostgreSQL to minimize impact of checkpoints