Re: using custom column names in a group by clause

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: using custom column names in a group by clause
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Matt,

First of all, this is a PostgreSQL list, so we're not going to be able
to give you much help with Oracle.

> The following select sets two custom column names using the same
> original column name. When I try to include a custom column name in
> group by clause I get ORA-00904: invalid column name from Oracle.
> How
> can I access a column name I created in the group by clause?

Second, I'd say that your answer is self-evident; use the real column
name rather than the custom column name. If the column is just being
aliased in order to display it twice, then it doesn't matter which one
you group by.

Third, Matt, PostgreSQL 7.1.2 DOES support aliasing in GROUP BY
clauses. Maybe it's time to switch databases?

select client_name as clname1, client_name as clname2, AVG(status)
from clients
group by clname1, clname2

-Josh Berkus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: