Re: Difference between Access97 and PostgreSQL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Difference between Access97 and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Annie,

> My question may out of the range of this forum.

Well, yes.  But, since I'm a nice guy, I'll answer your question eventhough it does not relate to Postgres ... if you
promisenot to do itagain!  In the future, send this question to a more appropriate list,such as PSQL-ODBC, where they
discussPaotgres & MS Access.

> When I run the following query under postgreSQL and Access2000, it
>  works well. But Access97 cannot accept it. I got the error message
>  as 'syntax error near FROM', it seems like in Access97, there cannot
>  have a subquery after 'FROM'

> SELECT temp.rating, temp.avgage
> FROM (SELECT s.rating, AVG(s.age) as avgage
>      FROM sailors s GROUP BY s.rating) as temp

You are exactly correct.  MS Access 97 does not support sub-queires inthe FROM clause.  THe only sub-queries supported
byAccess 97 aresub-queries in the WHERE clause.

All the more reason to use PostgreSQL!

-Josh

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: