Re: 16 parameter limit

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 16 parameter limit
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom,

> Yeah, but if we had slightly better support for rowtype parameters in
> plpgsql, you could do it with *three* parameters: session, user, and
> contents of record as a clients%rowtype structure.  And it'd probably
> be a lot easier to read, and more maintainable in the face of changes
> to the clients table structure.  This is why I say that needing lots
> of parameters may be a symptom of missing features rather than an
> indication that we ought to push up FUNC_MAX_ARGS.

You're right for my databases.  For that matter, better support forrowtype is on the laundry list of PL/SQL
compatibilityissues.

However, we also want to support users who are porting their PL/SQLapplications, which may not be easily translated
into%rowtypeparamters.  As I've said before, all this requires is a goodcompile-time option; increasing the default is
unnecessary.

What do you (personally) think about trying to get RH involved inexpanding PL/pgSQL's capabilites as a way fo targeting
Oracle'susersfor RHDB?

-Josh Berkus