Re: Postgresql HA cluster

От Laura Smith
Тема Re: Postgresql HA cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
------- Original Message -------
On Friday, October 13th, 2023 at 14:10, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:

> But really, double check first why a simple primary-standby architecture doesn't
> meet your needs. The simpler the architecture is, the better. Even from the
> application point of view.

From my perspective I do wonder why Postgres doesn't have an equivalent to MySQL Group Replication.

Although you can run MySQL GR as multi-primary, most people run it as primary-standby.

However the difference with Postgres is that MySQL Group does leader election. Whilst Postgres failover/failback is a
highlymanual affair.

Сообщение: Re: psql \du no more showing "member of" column
Сообщение: Re: psql \du no more showing "member of" column