Re: Postgresql HA cluster

От Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Тема Re: Postgresql HA cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 19:21:46 +0000
Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp@protonmail.ch> wrote:

> [...]

PostgreSQL core only cares about primary-standby replication.

Auto-failover must involved various components way outside of the scope of
PostgreSQL itself: the system, the network, sometime the storage, a quorum
mechanism, sometime some fencing, etc.

There's various auto-failover, non manual, solutions in PostgreSQL ecosystems,
they just all live outside of the core.

Regards,