Re: Performance impact of log streaming replication

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Performance impact of log streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Andy <angelflow@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What is the expected performance impact of the log streaming replication in 9.0?
>
> In the past I've used the log shipping replication of MySQL and it caused the performance of the master to drop by
almost50%. Just wondered if Postgresql's replication is expected to behave similarly.

Whoa!  Sounds like a slow disk IO subsystem, or the inability to take
advantage of a fast one.

PostgreSQL's PITR replication is already a working part of pgsql.  Hot
stanbys are due in 9.0, and should produce no more load than they
already do in 8.4 or 8.3.  Have you tried setting up PITR on pg 8.4 to
see how it impacts your server's performance?

От: Andy
Сообщение: Performance impact of log streaming replication
От: Andy
Сообщение: Re: Performance impact of log streaming replication