Re: Cache lookup failure for pg_restore?

От Razvan Surdulescu
Тема Re: Cache lookup failure for pg_restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> surdules@yahoo.com (Razvan Surdulescu) writes:
>
>>cspan=> update contact set gender = 'M';
>>ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 70529
>
>>If I re-run the update, I get:
>
>>cspan=> update contact set gender = 'M';
>>server closed the connection unexpectedly
>
> Hm, could we see the full schema for the "contact" table?

Sure, I copy/pasted it at the end of the message: it's a bit long.

>>The database has a few GIST (full-search, tsearch2) indices, but
>>otherwise is pretty ordinary.
>
> Any of those on "contact"?

Yes, one of them, see the contact schema below.

> What would be useful to look at is a debugger stack trace from the core
> dump...

Hmm, I cannot find a core file from the crash. I looked in the
postgres/bin directory and in the current directory, but no luck.

> Also it might be worth your time to update to 7.4.2, just to see if this
> is an already-fixed bug.

I will look into that, but it would be non-trivial, I am hoping that
this bug might be faster to resolve without upgrading? Perhaps there is
something I am doing wrong with the backup or restore process?

Thanks,

Razvan.

CREATE TABLE contact (
     id serial NOT NULL,
     member_id integer NOT NULL REFERENCES member(id),
     member_contact bool NOT NULL default false,
     uploaded bool NOT NULL default false,
     private bool NOT NULL default true,

     nametitle varchar(5),
     firstname varchar(50) NOT NULL,
     middlename varchar(50),
     lastname varchar(50) NOT NULL,
     suffix varchar(10),
     gender varchar(7),

     profheadline varchar(255),
     summary varchar(255),
     announs varchar(255),
     assmemb varchar(255),
     appkeywords varchar(255),

     street1 varchar(255),
     street2 varchar(255),
     city varchar(50),
     state varchar(50),
     zip varchar(15),
     country varchar(50),

     cellphone varchar(20),
     busphone1 varchar(20),
     busphone2 varchar(20),
     busfax varchar(20),
     asstphone varchar(20),
     pager varchar(20),

     email varchar(80) NOT NULL,

     highschool varchar(255),
     college varchar(255),
     colldegree varchar(255),
     gradschool varchar(255),
     graddegree varchar(255),

     homephone varchar(20),
     homecity varchar(50),
     homestate varchar(50),
     homecountry varchar(50),
     lang1 varchar(25),
     lang2 varchar(25),
     lang3 varchar(25),
     lang4 varchar(25),
     interests varchar (255),
     georgs varchar(255),

     keywords text,

     -- This is the full text index field.
     -- It is updated by the trigger below.
     keywordsFTI tsvector,

     PRIMARY KEY (id)
);

CREATE INDEX idx_contact_member_id ON contact(member_id);

CREATE INDEX idx_keywordsFTI ON contact USING gist(keywordsFTI);

CREATE TRIGGER tsvectorupdate BEFORE UPDATE OR INSERT ON contact
     FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE tsearch2(keywordsFTI, keywords);