Re: Cache lookup failure for pg_restore?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cache lookup failure for pg_restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Razvan Surdulescu <surdules@yahoo.com> writes:
>>> cspan=> update contact set gender = 'M';
>>> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 70529
>>> The database has a few GIST (full-search, tsearch2) indices, but
>>> otherwise is pretty ordinary.

>> Any of those on "contact"?

> Yes, one of them, see the contact schema below.

I recall some discussion recently about the FTI code getting confused
with this sort of symptom resulting; you might want to check the
archives.

>> What would be useful to look at is a debugger stack trace from the core
>> dump...

> Hmm, I cannot find a core file from the crash. I looked in the
> postgres/bin directory and in the current directory, but no luck.

The core would be in $PGDATA/base/yourdbOID/.  If you don't see one,
it's likely because the postmaster is being started under "ulimit -c 0".
Restart it with "ulimit -c unlimited" and reproduce the problem and
you should get a core.

>> Also it might be worth your time to update to 7.4.2, just to see if this
>> is an already-fixed bug.

> I will look into that, but it would be non-trivial,

Shouldn't be; you won't have to dump and reload, just install new
software and restart postmaster.  It's only cross-major-version updates
that are painful.