Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...

От nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
"Peter Kovacs" <peter.kovacs@sysdata.siemens.hu> writes:

> Thank you. So I think herewith we made pointless the original arguement Curt
> Sampson made in his mail in support Barry's twisted interpretation of
> PreparedStatement.
>
> Peter
>
> PS:
> When I am travelling in Budapest (capital of Hungary, my country) on the
> bus, and some exhausted poor elderly tries to sheepishly argument with some
> youngsters occupying recklessly the last seat in the bus leaving the elderly
> standing, I always tempted to cynically tell the upset elderly: "This public
> transport my lady. If you wish first class service, you should take a taxi."
> Of course, I never say this, because it would be a sign of very bad taste.
> But I often giving *myself* this kind of rebuff when I am surfing on open
> source mailing lists and find people saying this and that without giving a
> shit to think about it first or --more importantly-- to think about the
> context they're making their remarks: "My dear, this is public transport,
> worth the money you pay for it."
>
> The above was meant to be humorous.

It's funny: but I don't believe you're right. I belive the correct
thing to say is: "well, you could always fix it to be the way you
want."

Unfortunately, the same is not true for old ladies on trams. Even if
the old lady has welding skills and the materials necessary to bolt on
extra seats, it's still too difficult to do whilst the tram is in
motion.

Nic

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Prepared statement performance...