Aw: Time zone offset in to_char()

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Aw: Time zone offset in to_char()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > In the above, I worked around the issue using a couple of user-defined functions in PG. That should give a
reasonableidea of the desired functionality, but it's not an ideal solution to my problem:
> > 1). The first function has as a drawback that it changes the time zone for the entire transaction (not sufficiently
isolatedto my tastes), while
> > 2). The second function has the benefit that it doesn't leak the time zone change, but has as drawback that the
timezone is now hardcoded into the function definition, while
> > 3). Both functions need to be created in the caching database before we can use them, while we have several
environmentswhere they would apply (DEV, pre-PROD, PROD).

> Would a function that dispatches its calls to a suitable array of hard-coded functions based on an IN parameter help
any?

Without testing the idea - could it even generate the hardcoded function as needed, based on the parameter, and then
runit ?

Karsten