Aw: Time zone offset in to_char()

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Aw: Time zone offset in to_char()
Дата
Re: Time zone offset in to_char()
Список pgsql-general
> In the above, I worked around the issue using a couple of user-defined functions in PG. That should give a reasonable
ideaof the desired functionality, but it's not an ideal solution to my problem:

> 1). The first function has as a drawback that it changes the time zone for the entire transaction (not sufficiently
isolatedto my tastes), while

> 2). The second function has the benefit that it doesn't leak the time zone change, but has as drawback that the time
zoneis now hardcoded into the function definition, while

> 3). Both functions need to be created in the caching database before we can use them, while we have several
environmentswhere they would apply (DEV, pre-PROD, PROD).

Would a function that dispatches its calls to a suitable array of hard-coded functions based on an IN parameter help
any?

Karsten

От: Alban Hertroijs
Сообщение: Time zone offset in to_char()
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Aw: Time zone offset in to_char()