Re: [GENERAL] Does PG support bulk operation in embedded C

От Ravi Krishna
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Does PG support bulk operation in embedded C
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Anyway, taking the function name 'bulk' into account - I think you want
> find the best way to to insert a large number of row/records.
>
> Review the 'copy' command to populate a database:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/populate.html  - read
> carefully as it will increase performance in a dramatic way.

I am aware of the copy command, but we are talking about application inserting rows from a C++ task
with values coming in variables. Does COPY handle that? COPY looks more closer to sqlloader of Oracle.

DB2 Bulkcopy API is damn good. We have applications inserting tens of rows in one single call.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Does PG support bulk operation in embedded C
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Does PG support bulk operation in embedded C