Re: [GENERAL] Does PG support bulk operation in embedded C

От Steve Midgley
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Does PG support bulk operation in embedded C
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
ifyou're on the same machine as the sql server. Obviously network is the bottleneck otherwise. <div
class="gmail_quote">OnMay 20, 2015 8:24 AM, "Ravi Krishna" <<a
href="mailto:srkrishna@gmx.com">srkrishna@gmx.com</a>>wrote:<br type="attribution" /><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin:00 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br /> > Anyway, taking the function name
'bulk'into account - I think you want<br /> > find the best way to to insert a large number of row/records.<br />
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/populate.html"
target="_blank">http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/populate.html</a> - read<br /> > carefully as it will
increaseperformance in a dramatic way.<br /><br /> I am aware of the copy command, but we are talking about application
insertingrows from a C++ task<br /> with values coming in variables. Does COPY handle that? COPY looks more closer to
sqlloaderof Oracle.<br /><br /> DB2 Bulkcopy API is damn good. We have applications inserting tens of rows in one
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-sql"target="_blank">http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-sql</a><br
/></blockquote></div>

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: