Re: convert from latin1 to utf8

От Scott Whitney
Тема Re: convert from latin1 to utf8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I needed both UTF8 and Latin-1. I accomplished this by initdb with the LOCALE set to C. That lets me create dbs "with template0 encoding='Latin-1'" as well as "encoding=UTF8," FWIW...

-------- Original message --------
From: Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@wwu.edu>
Date: 10/10/2013 5:39 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] convert from latin1 to utf8

I need to convert a bunch of my databases to utf8 before I can migrate them to postgresql 8.4. Is there a command that during the pg_dumpall process the encoding can be changed from latin1 to utf8?

This is the error I get when migrating the databases from 8.1 to a machine running 8.4

psql:pgdbs:215: ERROR:  encoding LATIN1 does not match locale en_US.UTF-8

DETAIL:  The chosen LC_CTYPE setting requires encoding UTF8.

Thanks