Re: performance tuning: shared_buffers, sort_mem; swap

От Thomas O'Connell
Тема Re: performance tuning: shared_buffers, sort_mem; swap
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In article <1806.1029277058@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
 tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:

> So, what are you seeing to start the avalanche?

Indeed, here it is:

DEBUG:  incomplete startup packet
DEBUG:  pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
DEBUG:  server process (pid 6867) was terminated by signal 9

That's very good to know.

This has been a partial mystery to me for some time. I've been trying to
tweak our numbers, stress the system, and I've been coming at it from
the wrong end.

Thanks again, Tom!

-tfo