Re: Reporting bug on pgAdmin 4.3

От a
Тема Re: Reporting bug on pgAdmin 4.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, since I'm not with the test environment so there may be not very exact answers.

1, The data was set to load from oracle server at 0 am of each work day. There are 3 ways to determine the right results:
    a. data from oracle server;
    b. there is going to be a statement summary in query history;
    c. use select count() statement

2, Yes they do all have data, but I do not have time to test them since I was at work. Furthermore, each time there will be differences in number of rows.

3, I click the top left cell in data output window, so it will select all the data. Paste them to excel.

4, Yep, client means psql.

5, Yes I installed pgadmin 4.3 on the server too. While executing the same statement on the server using remote desktop (windows), it shows the correct results.

6, I may do some more tests when I have time.

7, Anymore questions, please let me know

Thanks a lot!

Shore

From:  "Adrian Klaver"<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>;
Date:  Tue, Jul 10, 2018 09:30 PM
To:  "a"<372660931@qq.com>;"pgsql-general"<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>;
Subject:  Re: Reporting bug on pgAdmin 4.3

On 07/09/2018 09:40 PM, a wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm doing a normal query on pgAdmin, my server platform is win server
> 2008, my laptop is win10, both using pgsql 10.
>
> The results of the query shows 8488 rows are selected, which is correct.

How did you determine this, in pgAdmin or somewhere else?

> However, when I drag down in data output window, it shows more than
> 100000 rows.

The rows all have data?

> Further test shows that each time they are different, both in number and
> in actual data.
>
> The past and copy results are the same, even without drag down actions.

So where did you paste and copy from and how?

> ODBC works fine, I haven't try the client.

By client do you mean psql or something else?

> This problem only occur on my computer, while trying on the server, it
> works fine.

Do you mean using pgAdmin works on the server.

> Can any one provide any method to fix this??

Not enough information at this time to arrive at a fix.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com