Re: Solid State Drives with PG

От Vick Khera
Тема Re: Solid State Drives with PG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> here is a _used_ 320gb ramsan for 15k :-).  dram storage is pricey.

I think using DRAM as the base is way better than flash.  Just use the
flash or a regular disk as the backup with a battery to power the
backup operation.

I have in my storage room a DRAM based SCSI storage device made by
Imperial Technology.  It was totally the bees knees in 2000 when I
bought it (with 1GB of RAM) for almost $30k.  Upgraded a year later to
5Gb for another $15k.  It has 4 low-profile/offset SCSI-2 connectors
and full battery backed up UPS internal to it, and writes itself to a
traditional disk drive on power outage, and continually ran self
diagnostics to ensure that everything was just right.

Free.  But it doesn't power up.  Probably needs a cap replaced or
something simple like that.