Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?

От Andrew - Supernews
Тема Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2006-01-04, Emi Lu <emilu@cs.concordia.ca> wrote:
> In postgreSQL, the default value for timestamp is "without time zone".

That's true only because the SQL standard says so, not because it's actually
a good idea to use timestamps without time zone.

> Can I say when data is used among diff time zones, timestamp with time
> zone is a MUST; otherwise, timestamp without time zone is used?

No. You should, IMO, use timestamp with time zone in essentially all cases.
(In particular, you should _always_ use it for recording the time at which
an event happened, which covers most uses of timestamps.) Only use timestamp
without time zone for data storage if you have a specific reason to do so.

--
Andrew, Supernews

Сообщение: Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?
Сообщение: Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?