Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?

От Emi Lu
Тема Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> I need to know when it is better that we use "timestamp without  time
>> zone" ? And when it is better to use "timestamp with time zone"?
>
> In my opinion, if you want to store a timestamp, you should always
> use timestamp with time zone, as the UTC offset information is
> necessary to provide a unique timestamp value.

In postgreSQL, the default value for timestamp is "without time zone".
Mysql supports the format as "2005-01-01 12:01:01" but not "2005-01-01
12:01:01+05" at the moment.

Can I say when data is used among diff time zones, timestamp with time
zone is a MUST; otherwise, timestamp without time zone is used?

Emi

От: Devrim GUNDUZ
Сообщение: Re: Anyone doing a 8.1.0-ia64-RHEL4-as.rpm ?
От: Andrew - Supernews
Сообщение: Re: When it is better to use "timestamp without time zone"?