Re: [GENERAL] High Availability - Performace Scalability -

От JEDIDIAH
Тема Re: [GENERAL] High Availability - Performace Scalability -
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2004-08-18, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> Jerome,
>
> I'm curious what you expect out of clustering. High Availability, and
> Load Balancing seem possible, but Performance ? I would think there is a
> cost associated with clustering, that degrades performance.

    Data in an RDBMS application should be localised enough that you
should be able to evenly split the workload over a number of cluster
nodes and not have them step on each other's toes too much. It's a difficult
problem but not insurmountable.

[deletia]

--
        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||