Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com> wrote:
> The claim that "Red Hat to support PostgreSQL" appears to me a false
> statement.  They are not supporting PostgreSQL, they are supporting
> their version of PostgreSQL on RHL.

That's the service their offering to their paying customers. However, Red
Hat has also allocated development effort to PostgreSQL in general (see the
recent message on -announce), which is something from which all PostgreSQL
users will benefit in the long run.

Ray
--
"The problem with the global village is all the global village idiots."
    Paul Ginsparg