Re: A crashing query

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: A crashing query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mario Jorge Nunes Filipe <mjnf@uevora.pt> wrote:
>We're running several PostgreSQL databases in several different servers
>(also with different PG versions :( ).
>
>In one of our on-line systems we connect to the "local" database and a
>"remote" database. The connection to the remote database was always ok,
>without any kind of problems, but yesterday, out of the blue, one of the
>query's (the most important one) started to crash the remote server.

Are you sure you're running a client that's the same PostgreSQL version as
the server?

>this system is a 6.4.2, it was vacuumed and it crashes, violently...
>Does anyone have a clue of why?

Even users running 6.5 are usually advised to upgrade to a 7.x release when
they run into crashes. 6.4 is old.

HTH,
Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but "instant karma" always gets so lumpy.