Re: PostgreSQL packages for Debian potato

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: PostgreSQL packages for Debian potato
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alessio Bragadini <alessio@albourne.com> wrote:
>We have a number of client machines running Debian Linux, "potato"
>release (i.e. 2.2, latest stable). The provided PostgreSQL is release
>6.5.3, but I managed to track changes in unstable ("woody") until 7.0.2,

I'd recommend against using "unstable" for client machines. If you need
something more up to date that "stable", use "testing" (although AFAIK it
doesn't have 7.0.x yet).

>as long as packages were built using an older glibc. Now, unstable packages
>(of 7.0.3) are linked against a newer one and using them means upgrading
>the whole system, or building from source, or breaking dependencies, etc.,
>all steps that I am not willing to take.

Rebuilding from source is a fairly straightforward process. I've done it to
get debs to use on some of our servers that run "stable".

>Q2: are there anywhere Debian potato packages of recent releases?

See http://www.internatif.org/brotzmeyer/debian/apt-sources/ .

HTH,
Ray
--
Ziff Davis is so obviously biased to Microsoft in almost everything they
publish, that they might as well change their company name to MS-PRAVDA.