PostgreSQL packages for Debian potato

От Alessio Bragadini
Тема PostgreSQL packages for Debian potato
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We have a number of client machines running Debian Linux, "potato"
release (i.e. 2.2, latest stable). The provided PostgreSQL is release
6.5.3, but I managed to track changes in unstable ("woody") until 7.0.2,
as long as packages were built using an older glibc. Now, unstable
packages (of 7.0.3) are linked against a newer one and using them means
upgrading the whole system, or building from source, or breaking
dependencies, etc., all steps that I am not willing to take.

Sorry for this long dissertation about the Debian world-of-packages,
this is to explain why there aren't anymore, to my knowledge, .deb
packages easily installable on potato and I preciously keep a number of
packages knowing that I have no easy way to reobtain them. But I am
missing ecpg and I cannot install the one provided by Debian since it
carries a huge set of unsatisfied dependencies.

Q1: is there anyone out there with a ecpg_7.0.2-X_i386.deb available?
Q2: are there anywhere Debian potato packages of recent releases?

TIA

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
        -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925