Postgres client/server connection

От Akhona Damane
Тема Postgres client/server connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

I have been trying to connect to the DB from a client maching using
PgAdmin III but with error stating "server is not running", while I know
the server is running.

The server (PostgreSQL 7.3) is running on Linux and the PgAdmin III on
the Windows 2000 machine. I did state the server IP address, Port 5432,
database name, SSL required, user and password. On the pg_hba.conf, I
have changed the trust state to md5.

what is it that I am missing out?

Mr. Akhona Damane
CSIR Environmentek