Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection

От Gordon Ross
Тема Concurrent Connections - User only allowed one connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
(Running PG 7.3.4 on Sparc Solaris 9)

I have a Java application (which connects to Postgres using JDBC) which
I run from the Solaris box, but which I develop from my desktop PC. When
my application connects to Postgres, it can only obtain one connection.
i.e. if the server app is running, then my PC cannot connect, but if my
PC version is running, then the server cannot connect.

I am certain this is not a problem with the application, as when I try
and connect with other tools, I get the same problem.

Is this a bug, feature or just good old human error (on my part) ?

Thanks,

GTG

Gordon Ross,
Network Manager/Rheolwr Rhydwaith
Countryside Council for Wales/Cyngor Cefn Gwlad Cymru