Fwd: Re: [NOVICE] OK..time for STUPID to say somthing

От John Herreshoff
Тема Fwd: Re: [NOVICE] OK..time for STUPID to say somthing
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
This is from work...

I'm using the ODBC from the PGSQL site (www.postgresql.org) with a link to gborg...
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.phpis the link.

For the ODBC thing:  I've just got the PGSQL driver set up in the ODBC_32 business.  I did not fill in much; I do that
inthe connection string.  Hint:  When you get the CONNECTION going, check out the CONNECTION.ConnectionString:  it will
showeverything, and you can then configure your own connection string...

My connection setupis as follows:

Set CONN = New ADODB.Connection
CONN.ConnectionTimeout = 5 'I've got no idea why I did this
CONN.ConnectionString = "DSN=PostgreSQL30;UID=postgres;DATABASE=caro_data;SERVER=xxx.xx.xx.xxx;PORT=5432;"
CONN.Open

That opens the connection.

For recordsets that use a server-side cursor (for updating). I'd do this

CONN.cursorlocation = 2 ( or adUseServer)

HTH.

John.

Confidentiality Notice:  This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named
recipient(s)and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distributionof this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
thesender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.