Re: Antw: Re: File for /src/backend/port/netware

От Ulrich Neumann
Тема Re: Antw: Re: File for /src/backend/port/netware
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
For the standard API's we've used the UI code (Maybe you didn't know
that Novell bought AT&T UNIX in the mit 90th) and several BSD code,
but this isn't possible in every case. Especially everything that
deals
with processes and threads is different in the underlying kernel.

At the moment a complete new OS is on the way and LibC on NetWare is a
migration path to prepare applications that they only need a
recompile.

This new OS ist based on a nano Kernel with differnt VM Kernels. Then
you'll
see a POSIX VM kernel, a JAVA VM kernel, ...

I'm sure you'll hear about this OS as soon as it is released, but it
will take us
a while.

Ulrich
>>> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> 16.08.2002
03:39:30 >>>
> I'm also working on the C libraries on NetWare and my plan is to add
> everything that's
> neccessary for Postgres to the standard C library so that I can
reduce
> the NetWare
> specific stuff over the time.

Our of interested, why doesn't Novell just rip off the FreeBSD libc
for
Netware?  Seems like it'd be a lot less work that writing one from
scratch...

Chris

  This e-mail is virus scanned
  Diese e-mail ist virusgeprueft