Re: Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support

От Ulrich Neumann
Тема Re: Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
At the moment there isn't ln at all. Just making a copy of the binary
is a problem because the binary name is compiled in the binary
and if you use srgc[0] NetWare reports "postgres" instead of
"postmaster".

I know that this behaviour isn't UNIX like but today I don't have
another way to do it. In the future NetWare accepts ELF binary
formats and 'links' so we can remove the code later, but it will take
up to a year until we get there.

Ulrich

Ulrich Neumann writes:

> at the moment NetWare doesn't have symbolic links so it's the only
> chance for me to decide between postmaster, bootstrap or normal
> interactive backend.

Does it have hard links?  Does it have 'ln' at all?  Otherwise we
should
define $(LN_S) to 'cp' and just make a copy.  That way we avoid
patching
up the code.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net