Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support

От Ulrich Neumann
Тема Antw: Re: Patch for NetWare support
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Hi Bruce

another solution can be to surround the patch with:

#ifdef N_PLAT_NLM
#endif

Ulrich

>>> "Ulrich Neumann" <U_Neumann@gne.de> 12.08.2002 18:06:48 >>>
Hi Bruce,

at the moment NetWare doesn't have symbolic links so it's the only
chance for me to decide between postmaster, bootstrap or normal
interactive backend.

Sorry for that. Novell will add symbolic and hard links to the file
system
but they don't have it yet. As soon as they have links we can remove
the
code.

Ulrich

>>> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> 09.08.2002 00:47:21 >>>

I wish we didn't have to add this part of the patch to main.c:

+       /*
+        * If the first argument is "-post", then invoke postmaster
mode. Note
+        * we remove "-post" from the arguments passed on to
BootstrapMain.
+     * This is added for one reasons: NetWare doesn't have symbolic
links
+     * right. ((
+        */
+       if (argc > 1 && strcmp(new_argv[1], "-post") == 0)
+               exit(PostmasterMain(argc - 1, new_argv + 1));

Do we have to document this, but only for Netware?  Yuck.

Ulrich Neumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> attached is a patch for main.c.
>
> The files netware.h and netware.c are for src/backend/port/dynloader
>
> Can anybody create the directory netware at src/backend/port?
>

> The changes in main.c are very small and i've documented them in the
> sourcecode.
>

> Thank you.
>
> Ulrich
>
> ----------------------------------
>   This e-mail is virus scanned
>   Diese e-mail ist virusgeprueft

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

majordomo@postgresql.org

  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
19026