Re: Antw: many-many mapping between unique tables

От Gerhard Dieringer
Тема Re: Antw: many-many mapping between unique tables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>>> Indraneel Majumdar <indraneel@www.cdfd.org.in> 16.10.2000  22.13 Uhr >>>
> Yeah you understand the problem perfectly. The third table will definitely
> contain unique entries if you take both x and y simultaneously. I wanted
> some way of mapping where I would not need to repeat individual values of
> x and y. I am not from a maths background and have absolutely no idea of
> database design.
>
> Is it possible to map the columns without repeating values?
>
> \Indraneel

I don't know what type of data your columns x and y contain. If they are,
for example, of type text and contain long strings, then it would be better
to add an integer id column in each tables T1 and T2: x_id and y_id and
use these ids in the table T12.

Then you only have to repeat the (short) numeric vales in T12. But I think there
is no way to totaly avoid any repetition.

Gerhard

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: