Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thanks, Tom.

"SHOW statement_timeout" from the JDBC connection returns zero.

I'm curious whether "SET statement_timeout=n" sets this for a connection.  If so, wouldn't it be a good thing to update
theJDBC setQueryTimeout and getQueryTimeout methods to use these SET and SHOW statements?

-Kevin

>>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> 08/18/05 5:50 PM >>>
> Thanks much for the clarification.  The statement_timeout setting is
> commented out, with a note that it defaults to zero and that this
> means it is disabled.

The fact that it's commented out doesn't mean that it's not been set
from elsewhere, such as a per-user default, or even a prior state of
the config file.  It'd be more trustworthy to connect to the server
as the same user your JDBC client runs as, and do "SHOW
statement_timeout".