Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I'm curious whether "SET statement_timeout=n" sets this for a
> connection.  If so, wouldn't it be a good thing to update the JDBC
> setQueryTimeout and getQueryTimeout methods to use these SET and SHOW
> statements?

Yes, it sets it per connection, but the problem is that the JDBC level
needs it per Statement.  So we'd have to set/reset it for each command.
I was originally concerned about thread safety and transactions, but
thinking about it some more now the monitor around QueryExecutorImpl
should protect against that.  Maybe this is easier than I thought.

Kris Jurka