Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Anj Adu <fotographs@gmail.com> wrote:
> With the increase in the number of disks that we can afford to have in
> 1 box..we will definitely plan on having WAL on dedicated disks.
> Previously..we were stuck with the chassis limitation of 6 disks per
> box.

Yeah, the smallest machine I use to build a db server now is one that
can hold 8 drives, 4 for a slony clone maybe.  If you go with the
24x2.5 chassis please report back on how it works.  I'm looking at the
16 or 24 x 2.5 cases for increasing density and keeping down costs on
rack space.

Сообщение: Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks
Сообщение: Re: more 10K disks or less 15K disks