Re: readline library not found

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: readline library not found
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM, zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear List

I need to build a postgres on a linux machine that I don't have root access.

I built readline from source and installed it with prefix of /home/me/local

readline library are in /home/me/local/lib and headers files are in
/home/me/local/include/readline

After explicitly specfying these paths with --with-libs and
with-includes postgres configure is still choking
on readline.

To check that this should work, I disabled readline with
--without-readline and configure chokes at zlib not found.
So I install zlib from source at the same prefix.  This time postgres
configure finishes and then successfully built.

reading config.log is not helpful

Huh? This I find hard to believe.  Whenever I've had problems with readline it was actually libtermcap that was giving me a headache.  Are you sure that there's nothing in there that's pointing you to your libtermcap being .... 'wonky'

   Also, try setting CFLAGS to point to your include / lib dirs (-I/path/to/include) (-L/path/to/lib)

Now if this solution works for zlib why is it not working for readline?

thanks