security - user account setup on SUSE

От Brandon Fouts
Тема security - user account setup on SUSE
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think for security reasons I should not run PostgreSQL from the root account.
Also, as PostgreSQL will probably be only one of the applications running on this box.
(would running in UML give me any extra security? - I suspect not the right tool??)

IF I'm wrong to worry about root account, now is the time to inform me. Otherwise read on.

(I have setup once and I think I had it running from the root account.)

background SUSE 9 and YAST install of PostgreSQL creates the following directories:

/usr/lib/postgresql/
/usr/share/postgresql/
/usr/share/pgsql/
/var/lib/pgsql/backup
/var/lib/pgsql/data

and currently status shows unused
# rcpostgresql status     unused        (rc - is this some kind of scripting??)

Can anyone offer some guidance?

Сообщение: Storing database in WORM devices