Re: browser interface to forums please?

От George Neuner
Тема Re: browser interface to forums please?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 14:44:55 -0700, "David G. Johnston"
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

>A mailing list configuration that will automatically add on the OP to any
>email in a message thread lacking the OP would work-around those list
>respondents who would use "Reply" instead of "Reply All".  Keeping track of
>all respondents and adding them would be something to consider as well.
>
>The above would address the problem of our inability to provide a limited
>engagement channel for people seeking help without forcing them onto the
>-bugs list.

That seems like a good idea.  But having no experience with mailing
list administration or available software, I don't know how easy it
would be to implement.

>A second problem is how to easily allow people to join (both read-only and
>read-write) an ongoing conversation that isn't in their inbox.  Asking for
>a "forum" seems to be expressing a problem of this nature.  I'm deferring
>consideration of this problem-area for some other time.

That's [partly] what digest mailings are for ... to alert people to
interesting discussions they aren't following.  Unfortunately, most
lists don't provide digests by default.

George